TERMS OF SERVICE
You must be at least 18 years of age to create an account with The Industry Plug. By creating an account, you are confirming the following:
- You can form a binding contract with Tip the app ltd.
- You will comply with this agreement and local, national, state and international laws, rules and
- You have never been convicted of a sex crime, or any crime involving violence and that you are not required to register as a sex offender.
In order to use The Industry Plug, you may sign up using your email address. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentially of your log in credentials you use to sign up for The Industry Plug. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under those credentials. If you think someone has access to your account, please contact us immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org, or the via support button in the App.
Modifying the Service
We are always striving to improve the service and bring you additional functionalities you may find useful. This means we may add new features and enhancements from time to time. If these actions do not affect the user rights or obligations, we may not provide you with notice before taking these actions. We may even suspend the service entirely, in which event we will notify you in advance, unless there are unforeseeable circumstances.
Though The Industry Plug strives to encourage a respectful member experience through the app, it is not responsible for the conduct of any member on or off of the Service. You agree to use caution in all interactions with other members, particularly if you meet in person or communicate off the Service. You agree that you will not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information), to other members.
You also agree to the following:
- All users are responsible for their personal belongings when attending a booking. The Industry
Plug is not responsible for any loss or damage of any users personal belongings.
- All users are responsible for disclosing information regarding their personal needs or
specifications when entering a booking.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. YOU
UNDERSTAND THAT THE INDUSTRY PLUG DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL
BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS MEMBERS OR OTHERWISE ENQUIRE INTO THE
BACKGROUND OF ITS MEMBERS. THE INDUSTRY PLUG MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS
OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF MEMBERS.
Rights you grant The Industry Plug
You agree that all information that you submit upon creation of your account, including information linked from your social media accounts, is accurate and truthful and you have the right to post the Content on the Service and grant the license to The Industry Plug.
You understand and agree that we may monitor or review any Content you post as part of a Service. We may delete any Content, in whole or in part, that in our sole judgment violates this Agreement or may harm the reputation of the Service.
When communicating with our customer care representatives, you agree to be respectful and kind. If we feel that your behaviour towards any of our customer care representatives or other employees is at any time threatening or offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account.
Please be informed that The Industry Plug may access, store and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law, by performing its agreement with you, or in a good faith belief that such access, storage or disclosure satisfies a legitimate interest, including to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce the Agreement; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company or any other person.
The Industry Plug’s Rules
By using the Service, you agree you that you will not:
- Use the service for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited by this agreement.
- Use the service for any harmful purpose.
- Use the service in order to damage The Industry Plug.
- Impersonate any person or entity or post images or videos of another person without their
- Bully, intimidate, harass, mistreat or defame any person.
- Post any images or videos that violate or infringe anyone’s rights, including rights of publicity,
privacy, copyright, trademark or any other intellectual property or contract right.
- Post any content that is hate speech or threatening.
- Post any content that incites violence; or contains graphic violence.
- Post any content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any
group or individual.
- Solicit passwords for any purpose, or personal identifying information for commercial or
unlawful purposes from other members or disseminate another person’s personal information
without his or her permission.
- Use another member’s account or share an account with another member.
- Create another account if we have already terminated your account, unless you have our permission.
THE INDUSTRY PLUG RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INVESTIGATE AND OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT A REFUND OF ANY PURCHASES IF YOU HAVE VIOLATED THIS AGREEMENT, MISSUSED THE SERVICE OF BEHAVED IN A WAY THAT WE DEEM AS INAPROPRIATE OR UNLAWFUL, INCLUDING ACTIONS OR COMMUNICATIONS THAT OCCUR ON OR OFF THE SERVICE.
Other Members’ Content
Although we reserve the right to review and remove Content that violates this Agreement, such Content isthe sole responsibility of the member who posts it, and we cannot guarantee that all Content will complywith this Agreement. If you see Content on the Service that violates this Agreement, please report it email@example.com or via our Support page.
Subscriptions and Service Fee
A Subscription fee will be taken upon sign up if you create a freelancer account. This subscription is a
one-off payment and is non-refundable in any case. From time to time we may change these fees, but you
will be notified before any changes are made.
If you create a client account, you will not be charged however The Industry Plug will take 5% booking fee on top of the agreed booking amount. This is non-refundable. If a dispute is brought forward and a refund is requested, The Industry Plug will investigate this dispute and mediate between both parties. In circumstances where a decision cannot be made, The Industry Plug reserves the right to agree or decline a refund request. If you are still unhappy with any decision made regarding a refund, you can email the customer services team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our team with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service (and such
description must be reasonably sufficient to enable us to find the alleged infringing material);
- your contact information, including address, telephone number and email address;
- a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized
by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is
accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s
Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be provided via the email
The Industry Plug will terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
THE INDUSTRY PLUG PROVIDES THE SERVICE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ALL CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE INDUSTRY PLUG DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, (ii) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (iii) THAT ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU OBTAIN ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE.
THE INDUSTRY PLUG TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONTENT THAT YOU OR ANOTHER MEMBER OR THIRD PARTY POSTS, SENDS OR RECEIVES THROUGH THE SERVICE. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
FREELANCERS ARE SELF EMPLYED CONTRACTORS AND THEREFORE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN TAXES.
Limitation of Liability.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE INDUSTRY PLUG, ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARRISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE APP OR ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE APP AND WEBSITE OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APP INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PRIFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOOD WILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSE BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLAGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORSEABLE. THE FORGOWING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILTY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Indemnity by You.
You agree, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to indemnify, defend and hold The Industry Plug, our affiliates, and theirs and our respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all complaints, demands, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses, including solicitors fees due to, arising out of, or relating in any way to your access to or use of the Service, your Content, or your breach of this Agreement.
The following terms (these “Payment Terms”) govern payments you make or receive through The Industry Plug the mobile app, operated by Tip the app ltd.
Tip the app ltd, processes card payments through the UK. Tip the app ltd are collectively referred hereto as, “The Industry Plug”, “we”, or “us”. Please read these Payment Terms carefully before making or receiving payments through the App. By making or receiving payments through the app, you accept and agree, on behalf of yourself or on behalf of your employer, or any other entity (if applicable), to be bound and abide by these Payment Terms.
Total Earning is the aggregated amount of all payments collected through the use of the mobile app.
Current month is the aggregated amount of all payments collected in that month.
Freelancers are self-employed contractors who are responsible for all of their own bookings and personal taxes.
Clients are users of the app specifically to book or enquire for services provided by freelancers.
- Each booking you approve and successfully complete accredits your account with revenue, equal to 100% of the booking amount.
- The Industry Plug accredits freelancers once a booking is completed.
- If a booking is cancelled (for any reason) the funds collected will be returned to the client minus the 5% booking fee.
- Freelancers using The Industry Plug the mobile app are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including GST, VAT or income tax, which may apply to them depending on residency, location or otherwise, under provisions of their jurisdiction.
- Freelancers represent and warrant that they comply, and will comply at all times, with their obligations under income tax provisions in their jurisdiction. The price shown in the Total Earnings is the amount inclusive of all such taxes and charges that may apply to the freelancer.
- Appointment as limited payment collection agent; freelancer hereby appoints The Industry Plug as freelancers limited authorised payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting payments (via its payment service provider if applicable) from client and remitting those payments to freelancer. Freelancer agrees that payment from client to The Industry Plug shall be considered the same as made directly to the freelancer. Clients payment obligation to freelancer will be satisfied upon receipt of payment by The Industry Plug and The Industry Plug is responsible for remitting the funds to the freelancer in the manner described in these payment terms. In the event that The Industry Plug does not remit any such amount to freelancer the freelancer will have recourse only against The Industry Plug and not the client directly. Freelancer agrees that The Industry Plug may describe or otherwise reflect the terms contained herein in any terms of service, receipts, disclosures, or notices including, but not limited to, receipts provided to client that The Industry Plug may deem necessary or prudent.
- The Industry Plug partners with payment service providers for purposes of collecting payments from clients, transferring such payments from client to freelancer, and holding funds in connection with The Industry Plug’s earnings. All payment services in connection with the withdrawal of funds on The Industry Plug platform are performed by The Industry Plug’s payment service providers.
- Upon creation of a freelancer account, you will provide your bank account or PayPal details. This information will be used to pay all revenues collected. We aim to process all payments within 3 to 5 working days.
- For security concerns, The Industry Plug may reject a payment to a freelancer to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity, this may come as a result of security issues, improper behaviour reported by other users or a dispute has occurred. In this event we aim to process payments within 14 days unless the freelancer has breached these terms of service.
- The Industry Plug serves as clients limited authorised payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting payments (via its payment services provider, if applicable) from client, and remitting those payments to freelancer. Client payment obligation to freelancer will be satisfied upon receipt of payment by The Industry Plug (or its payment services provider), and The Industry Plug is responsible for remitting the funds to the freelancer in the manner described in these payment terms. In the event that The Industry Plug (via payment services provider) does not remit any such amounts to freelancer, the freelancer will have recourse only against The Industry Plug and not the client directly.
- In most locations, purchases on The Industry Plug can be made by using one of the following payment methods; Credit Card or Debit Card.
- Service fees are added at the time of purchase where you can review the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of September 2021, the service fees are 5% on top of the purchase amount.
- You may not offer freelancers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through The Industry Plug mobile app. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately on the support page of the app. Breach of this term will result in termination of your account and no refunds will be given.
- By using any payment method and/or providing payment details for making purchase on The Industry Plug, you represent and warrant that; (i) you are legally authorised to provide such information; (ii) you are legally authorised or have permission to make payments using the payment methods; (iii) if you are an employee or agent of a company or person that owns the payment method, you are authorised by that company or person to use the payment method to make payments on The Industry Plug; and (iv) such actions do not violate any applicable law.
- Payments on The Industry Plug are taken in pound sterling (GBP) as operating in the United Kingdom.
From time to time we may offer you promo codes for purchasing subscriptions on the app, on special discounts. Promo codes are valid only for purchases on The Industry Plug and are subject to different time limitations and will expire after their predefined term. To exercise your promo code, simply enter the promo code on the sign-up page. If you fail to do so your purchase will not be eligible for the discount. Promo codes are limited to one use per user and may not be used or combined with any other promotion. For orders that are composed of one or more milestones, the promo code will apply to the first milestone only. Promo codes may be voided in the event of fraud, misuse, or violation of the terms of service. The Industry Plug reserves the right to modify or cancel promo codes at any time.
- The Industry Plug may be required by applicable laws to charge users with indirect taxes (such as sales tax, VAT or GST) or to withhold taxes. Any amount The Industry Plug will be required to collect will be in addition to the purchase amount and any other fees payable by the client, and any amount The Industry Plug will be required to withhold will be deducted from the freelancer’s revenue as required by applicable law.
- Indirect taxes are in addition to the price shown on the app (and in any event) any such taxes will always be displayed to the client before payment.
- Users are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any GST, VAT or income tax, which may apply to them depending on residency, location or otherwise, under provisions of their jurisdiction.
Disputes and cancellations
We encourage our clients and freelancers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails users can contact The Industry Plug using the support button in the app or contact us via email on email@example.com
- When clicking the complete button in the Organiser page, a client has the option to dispute a booking.
- Filing a booking dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is aviolation of these payment terms. Doing so may get your account temporarily or permanently disabled. Note; once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations to the payment provider.
- In the event that you encounter an issue related to the service provider in a booking, you are encouraged to use the apps support tools to attempt to resolve the matter.
- The Industry Plug, through its payment service provider, reserves the right to cancel bookings or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the app.
- All transfers and assignment of intellectual property to the client shall be subject to full payment and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason.
- If a booking is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid excluding the booking fee will be returned to the client.
- The Industry Plug may make changes to these payment terms for time to time. When these changes are made The Industry Plug will make a new copy of terms available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use The Industry Plug after the date on which that Payment Terms have changed, The Industry Plug will treat your use as acceptance of the updated payment
Entire Agreement; Other.
This Agreement and any terms disclosed and agreed to by you if you purchase Subscriptions, products or services we offer on the Service, contains the entire agreement between you and The Industry Plug regarding the use of the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. You agree that your account is non-transferable and all of your rights to your account and its Content terminate upon your death. No agency, partnership, joint venture, fiduciary or other special relationship or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you may not make any representations on behalf of or bind The Industry Plug in any manner.